Privacy Statement for Unex Manufacturing
A. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The type of Information submitted to or collected by Unex varies depending upon the nature of the activity and relationship with Unex.
- Browsing the Website: When You browse the company's website, Unex may collect information regarding the domain and host from which You access the Internet, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider You are using, and anonymous site statistical data. Information collected while You're browsing our website may be used to analyze trends, administer the website, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes.
- Inquiries: The website contains various forms, links to company e-mail addresses, and fax numbers that You may use to solicit information about the website, Unex services, and the company in general. When You complete and submit a form, send us an e-mail, send us a fax, or contact us by telephone, Unex may store the inquiries and their contents, including any personally identifiable information You may have provided. Any personally identifiable information You submit via an inquiry is collected only with Your knowledge and active participation.
- Use of E-Catalog: When You register to use Unex online processing services ("Unex E-catalog"), You will be required to provide personally identifiable information and to enter into a written agreement with Unex. If You ordered any products or services from one of our distributors, You were required to submit personally identifiable information ("Ship To Information"). Unex Customers transmit Order Information to Unex for the purpose of processing Orders. Order Information is maintained in servers located within the U.S.A. Unex may maintain Order Information for a certain period of time to comply with audits or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Notice for European Users: The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and sets forth principles for its use. One principle states that information must be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that You are entitled to know how we intend to use any information You provide. You can then decide whether You want to give personal information to us. Details are publicly available at www.ico.gov.uk or from:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
Fax: 01625 524510
The Data Protection Act does not generally apply to data about limited companies or partnerships, but it does cover personal data relating to sole traders and partnerships. When we receive an application from a business, we may perform a search with a credit reference agency and fraud prevention agency on the individual company directors or partners.
Order Information provided by You to Unex Customers and any Information that You provide to Unex directly will be transferred outside of the European Union to the United States. By providing personal information to Unex Customers or us, You are consenting to the transfer of such information outside of the EU and to its storage and use as described herein.
B. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Usage and disclosure of Your Information varies based on Your relationship with Unex. Unex never sells any personally identifiable information and, except as expressly set forth below, never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Browsing the Website: Information collected while You're browsing our website may be used to analyze trends, administer the website, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes. Such Information may be disclosed to third parties to provide any of the aforementioned activities on behalf of Unex.
- Inquiries: Information collected during the course of You submitting an inquiry via online form, e-mail, fax, or telephone call may be used by Unex to respond to Your inquiries or to contact You to inform You of services of Unex that may be of use to You. Information collected during the course of an inquiry will not be disclosed to any third party unless such third party has been contracted by Unex, with obligations of confidentiality, to contact You on our behalf.
- Use of Unex Services: If You are a Unex Customer, Unex will use Your Information to provide you with the services you requested. During the course of providing such services, Unex may disclose Your Information to third parties that have contracted with Unex to perform certain functions on our behalf ("Subcontractors"). Unex may also use Your Information to contact You about other Unex offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends, directly or through the use of third party vendors. Unex may also use Your Information for internal business analyses. Unex may also use Order Information at an aggregate level for internal business analyses and fraud prevention. During the course of providing our e-catalog to Unex Customers, Unex may disclose Order Information to banks, processors, card associations, and other financial institutions that are involved in the course of processing or screening the transaction applicable to the Order Information.
- Applying for a Distributor Account: If You apply for a Distributor account from or through Unex, Unex may use and disclose the Information to evaluate Your eligibility for a Distributor account, including disclosure to consumer reporting agencies, relevant financial institutions, and other entities involved in providing the Distributor account services. Unex may also use and disclose Your Information during the course of providing or procuring on Your behalf the Distributort account services. Unex may also use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, about other Unex offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends. Unex may also use Your Information for internal business analyses.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: If You submitted an inquiry to Unex or if You are a Unex Customer, periodically, Unex may use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third party vendor, to complete a survey or questionnaire. Responses to any such survey or questionnaire may be used for internal business analyses and may be disclosed in aggregate form without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
- Confidentiality Obligations: All contracts entered into between Unex and Unex Customers, Unex and Subcontractors, and Unex and other third party service providers contain express provisions governing the confidential treatment of any and all personally identifiable information.
- Investigations and Proceedings: Unex may use Information to conduct internal investigations. Unex may disclose Information to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities and may also disclose Information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other comparable legal processes.
C. INFORMATION SECURITY
Unex is committed to privacy and security. When You type Your credit card information on our e-catalog order form, the information is sent directly through a secure encrypted (SSL) connection to a third party for verification. Unex does not collect, hold, or maintain any credit card information whatsoever.
D. CORRECTION AND DELETION OF INFORMATION
If You want Unex to correct or delete Your Information that is stored on Unex systems, please submit Your request in writing to:
50 Progress Place
Jackson, NJ 08527
Fax: (732) 928-2800
Subject to our ability to verify Your request and provided that Unex is not required to maintain the Information by applicable laws, regulations, or contractual obligations, Unex will correct or delete the Information within thirty (30) days of receipt of Your request.